I figure this would be a good thing to do every so often, maybe once a year, maybe every six months, whatever. Basically I intend to list the five books which in my opinion need to be read. Because you can’t possibly expect me to limit a list of five books to just five books, I retain the right to list several volumes of one series as one.
So, here goes. (Of these, I have already reviewed Fire and will do the rest when I get around to it.)
1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and its even better sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire, both by the late Steig Larsson
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Graceling and its companion, Fire, both by Kristin Cashore
4. The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex (which is, quite seriously, the most consistently hilarious book I have ever read. His illustrations are great, too)
5. anything by Robin McKinley, but especially Sunshine, Deerskin, and Spindle’s End